Friday, August 22, 2008

21

Jim Sturgess is way too beautiful to be a scientist. I'm sorry, this should be an objective commentary on this movie but he's goddamn distracting. Actually this movie is making me nervous. I guess that's supposed to be good, but it's not a suspenseful kind of nervous, more like when a friend of yours is making a bad decision and you can't really say anything about it. Maybe it's because the main character is being played by the most beautiful man in the world and I don't want to see him get beat up or whatever's about to happen to him. Maybe it's because I can't really understand how this counting cards thing works. Maybe it's really that the only thing holding my interest is the pretty boy. Well let's face it, it's the only reason I rented it in the first place. Don't get me wrong, it's a good movie. I love Kevin Spacey, it's good seeing him on screen again even if he's not really doing much and his character's a total asshole. There's some interesting camera work. Oh wait, yep, there's the beatup scene, wow, didn't see that coming. He's even prettier when he's all fucked up.

Actually finished the movie and the end had a nice twist, the last say 15 minutes sucked me in somewhat.

No comments: