Monday, September 29, 2008

Wild Weather

This morning there was actually weather in Southern California. There were dark rain clouds and blue skies and white puffy cotton balls and bright dawn sunshine and as I drove into the brilliant eastern sky, it rained, poured down on me muddying my windshield making it nearly impossible to see and I felt a great exhiliration as I drove blindly down the freeway in the morning rush.

It seemed the perfect metaphor for these recent weeks. There has been so much going on that I haven't had a moment to write, nor have I been able to decide what to say. So to sum up, I have gotten a promotion as a result of a complete upheaval at work. So far I've been basically supporting everyone, training and helping out where needed. Still waiting to hear what my raise is going to be funnily enough.

I had a good friend and now I don't. Thank god I still have other good friends. Nobody died or anything that tragic, just someone decided they don't want to be my friend anymore. Hurt like hell. No matter how many friends you have, they are all unique and important to you in their own ways. No one is dispensable, not matter what the corporate world wants you to believe.

I went out with a very nice man. Closest thing that I've had to a date in 10 years. Of course, it wasn't actually a date, there was no romantic intention, no agenda whatsoever, and because of that it was beautiful. There is nothing like living completely in the present moment.

I took part in my dear friend's wedding. I read a lovely passage from Shakespeare, welcomed guests, ate my fill, danced all night and lived with love all night. Magical.

Truth be told, in spite of all the drama of the last 2 weeks, I've felt great. Between work and forming new friendships, my ego has definitely been boosted. The day after the wedding was weird, well this whole weekend was. I was certainly hit by it all and I slept most of the weekend. Did nothing except housemanage for Jungle Book. It was a definitely pause. Now on to the next thing. It's time to go back to the theatre. I'm going to direct again, for Beyond Convention this time. Hopefully I'll be acting as well. I don't even know if I can still do it. I'm honestly nervous that I've lost my touch. But that is for the future, I'll keep you posted. :)

1 comment:

Margaret said...

There are so many possibilities...