Wednesday, October 27, 2010

10/27/10

Holy crap, so much for blogging about being a director.  It's been such a whirlwind experience and here it is closing weekend already.  Wow.  It was awesome.  For the most part.  I was madly in love with theatre again there for awhile as well as one of my actors.  As I do. So intense and amazing to watch it come together.  Tech week knocked me down a peg or two.  It was successful, but the doubts definitely came to play in my brain and then once it was open all the drama in the cast exploded, but I was so detached.  The weirdest part about being a director is how intimately involved you are in the beginning and how completely unimportant you are at the end.  Like being a parent I guess. Well at least in my experience.  We all know how fucked up my family is.  No offense Dad. It was extremely fulfilling while it lasted, and in a few days it will be nothing but some photos and some war stories.  C'est le Theatre.  I currently feel very little about it. I'm just left with a hunger to be creating.  For companionship. To be a part of a collective and be necessary as an artist, not as a babysitter or administrator.  I want the fire and to be consumed. Perhaps some adventure and torrid love affair to keep things interesting.

For now, I'll read my books.

No comments: