So I've fallen behind a little bit, but the last couple of weeks have brought some interesting and stressful changes. But they haven't really dispelled the winter blues. It's Saturday night and I'm home, again, blogging and watching X-Files, listening to the rain and trying to stay warm. I seem to have no social life left at all. Nothing left but the theatre, and that's not really cutting it right now. If anything, the theatre is what's depressing me. Let me rephrase, certain people at the theatre are depressing me, because they are jerks, and I'm so sick of being the repository of everyone's frustration and anger.
In the meantime, I'm directing a show, as of last weekend. Not at all what I wanted to be doing right now, although it has been nice to have something to work on. I just pray god that I can get a cast and pull this off. My second Shakespeare is underway, As You Like It. Nothing like living on the fly. But it's a good show, some beautiful writing of course, and really, it's not like I have something better to do. I just need to get out of my head and have fun with it. The problem is that it's February & March, the time of year when my soul lays dormant and I seem incapable of truly having fun. I don't know, everything's changing, I can't help feeling like there's somewhere else that I'm supposed to be, I just don't know how to get there.
Anyhoo, wish me luck all! I'll try to keep you posted here. In the meantime, here's the latest show pix I took for Almost, Maine, which opened today.




No comments:
Post a Comment