Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hello again.  I never know how to start these things. Haven't written in a while, but life continues to be chaotic and boring all at once.

So the thing we've dreamed of at the office has finally happened.  John Denver was let go last Monday.  Yep.  Just fired at the end of the day.  While the office breathed a collective sigh of relief, I can't help but worry about what's next.  Right now, it's get by.  I'm working with the interim supervisors, and filling in on a bunch of stuff.  Now Carrie's out for the next 2 weeks and we'll be upgrading our computer system.  So good times as usual there.  It does feel better though to be honest.  I'm engaged if nothing else, and who knows, it could mean a promotion. A little more money would help for sure.

Otherwise, I'm still trying to figure things out.  I basically spent the whole weekend reading "Eat, Pray, Love".  It's good, gave me some things to think about.  Me and the universe need to start having some conversations and I need to get serious about taking care of myself, and not just physically. The times, they are a'changin...

This week, I will be a lot less social than I usually am.  There's a yoga class and a mind-body fusion class at the gym that I'm going to take, I'm looking forward to that.  Bought myself a yoga mat and everything.  Also bought a couple of books today, The Italian by Ann Radcliffe, genuine 18th century Gothic novel, and The Odyssey.  Yes I know, I've never actually read it.  And as mythology has always been an important part of my spiritual journey, I've decided it's time.  I intend to spend a lot more time reading than I have of late.  I miss it. 

It's time to start getting serious about being happy.  I can't listen to the bad voices anymore.  It's killing me.
And in honor of such... today's happy list:

The Twilight Zone
Easy A
Cooking
Reading
Dreaming

Till next time!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I love your happy lists! I hope the happy voices are getting comfortable :-)