It's check run day and the computer's done yay! Oh and I forgot my lunch at home. Time to go back to bed now.
So yesterday I had 2 completely separate and random instances of sychronicity ( I think that's what you call it, could just be random coincidence) that can also be linked together. These things totally trip me out.
I just finished reading 1984 and I was reading the afterword, which was discussing utopias and negative utopias and drew the comparison between 1984 and Aldous Huxley's Brave New World. So I finish, that and I go to start my next book Tom Robbins Fierce Invalids Home from Hot Climate and he has a couple of quotes at the beginning and the 1st one that I read is from Aldous Huxley. So then later on, I'm watching History Detectives that I taped over a week ago and one of the stories was researching the beginning of Camp David which was originally called Shangri-La (anothoer utopia) and when it was over, Anthony Bourdain was on and the first thing I hear him say is Shagri-La! He was in the Himalaya's looking for the original site of this mythical place. Totally tripped me out. What does it mean!?
Computer's still down.
Happy List 7/30/08
Ravi Shankar
Newcastle
Computer's still down, it's been almost an hour now.
I've been thinking about this apartment I looked at once in Long Beach. It was behind the real estate office I was working at at the time, above the garage. It was so tiny, it had one of those mini kitchens, and I think I was attracted to it because of it's mini-ness. It was a one bedroom and it was so bright and had all these windows and I loved it, but I was like 21 and could not have afforded it. I think I would still like to live there though. I feel like driving down this weekend just to know if it's still there and see if it's available. I need someplace with more windows and preferrable hard wood floors. Someplace clean, not that it would stay that way for long.
One of the things that really struck me in 1984 was that the hero began his rebellion by starting a diary. He basically condemned himself by simply buying it, so when he sat down and didn't know what to write, he realized it didn't matter. The crime was committed and he was free to babble and write any insignificant thing that came into his mind. It didn't need to be revolutionary, because he'd already rebelled. This totally resonated with me, because I'm so stuck on this notion of audience and needing to be entertaining and original or else why bother to write/draw/paint/perform it. I'm living up to my potential if I just sit down everyday and create something. Express anything. While you still have the freedom to do so. This is the only to fight Big Brother.
Ok, computer's back. Time to go be a drudge again.
No comments:
Post a Comment