I just experienced a rare thing of beauty. A near perfect night.
A few weeks ago, while searching for something fun to do to keep my idle hands busy, I found this event at LACMA called LA Flash, where they were going to be showing projections from a photography exhibit of LA street life taken in 1973 and were going to be taking photos for the current LA Flash project. It was a late night event and I figured I would go out to this on my own. I just didn't really think anyone else would be particularly interested or want to make the trip up to LA. Then I thought no Susy would dig the 70's subject matter and love the clothes so I asked her and then we were going to go. At the last minute, we asked Jill and Ross who both went and Gene and Emily and suddenly we had a group outing. It was so exciting that I had this idea that everybody got on board for.
So I've really been anticipating tonight, and it was just wonderful! There was nothing that necessarily happened it was just nice to be out and looking at art and being a part of something and being with good friends with no drama. The people watching was priceless. I love LA. We stood in line and got our pictures taken and then we walked through some of the galleries. We all went to dinner before hand and then out for dessert after and then Susy and Jill and I drove back home. I was left with this wonderful sense of satisfaction and hopefulness because I just want to do it again.
To top it off, my night blooming jasmine is finally blooming. Perfect end. Except that I don't want it to end. I'm currently refusing to go to bed in a sad attempt to extend the evening. It never works though does it?
Well, I think they are going to be posting the pictures taken tonight online so I will post a link as soon as I can!
2 comments:
Sounds wonderful.
So sorry I couldnt make it darlin! It sounded really f-ing cool!!!
Post a Comment