Even in the darkest of days, and I'm not fool enough to think that these are even close to being the darkest, there is a glimmer of light, a respite, and today was such a day. I have been reminded that I am not yet dead and that spring is very near and there are still new experiences to be had.
In spite of all the non-stop drama, I took the day off from the theatre today and went with Jami to the Irish Fair in Pomona. It's a small festival, not very exciting, but we met up with Bob who introduced us to Ken O'Malley and the Twilight Lords, an extremely talented Irish band. The lead man is obviously Ken O'Malley, and as we sat down and I listened to him sing, I was transfixed. An Irishman, from Dublin, and I had goosebumps as he sang Irish rebellion song and love songs and songs of longing for the homeland. Irish music reaches my heart like hardly anything else can and he nearly brought me to tears in the middle of the LA Fairgrounds. All my worries forgotten as I fell in love. A feeling I haven't had in months, and was beginning to fear I never would again. An older gentleman, but what matters that? How I long to be with a musician again. To share a life and listen to them play and sing to me alone. Silly I know, but it is a pretty picture. In a fit of foolishness, I confess I found him on Facebook and sent him a message just saying that I enjoyed the show. It would be lovely to get a response, but I certainly mustn't expect one. But wouldn't anyone like to get a random complementing email out of the blue? Just enjoy the lovely day and be better tomorrow, that's what matters.
Just good to know I'm still capable of feeling irrational hope and happiness.
A beautiful day.
No comments:
Post a Comment