Monday, October 3, 2011

What's next?

So the end of an era is upon us. Faustus closed last night, Jill's the new aD at HA and it seems as though it's time to start a new life. HA was my home for the last nine years or so, and I'm feeling a little homeless and lost at the moment. It's almost like going thru another, far less acrimonious divorce. And you know, the last one ended up being a really good idea so I really shouldn't be worried. So...what's next? I don't know. Everything I guess. Writing, painting, photos. I definitely could use a project. I look forward to hanging out with my friends, hopefully I still have friends to hang out with. I think I'd actually like to take a photography class & actually learn what I'm doing with the camera. I need to write. I should be writing every day, even if it's just nonsense, so forgive if there's some random shit that show's up on this blog (not that anyone really reads it anyway). Mostly I need to stop worrying about what I should be doing and really just get into what I'm into. Faustus was a really wonderful reminder of what it's like to immerse myself in something that I love. And yes what I love is dark. And poetic. And sometimes depressing. And usually not relevant to today's audiences. But fuck it. That's what I do and I'm just giving into it. Hello dark side, I'm home. So for wriing projects, I'll probably be discussing/reviewing whatever I'm reading or watching, there may be some bad poetry and random descriptive fiction. There may be some photo projects that show up and original abstract artwork. But I haven't completely said goodbye to theatre yet. i can't imagine at this point that I'll ever direct a show again, but I definitely want to start auditioning and getting out there. I miss acting, just not sure what's going to be available for me. I need some Shakespeare! The best part about directing is that you get to choose your project. No such luck as an actor. So anyway, that's where I'm at. Time for new adventures. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

1 comment:

Jami said...

I'm reading your blog :) Lemme know about the photo class - I would love to take that with you!! And you'll be hanging out with me more woman!!!! ;)