Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Summer

My break is off to a great start! Top Girls finally closed on Sunday and while I loved the girls, and as an acting experience it was fulfilling and challenging, it's a huge relief. I am so looking forward to being able to just do things that I want to do when I want to. So on on into the sunset. I have the whole summer off, the longest break I've taken since I started acting again.

Last night was the office start of said break and it was beautiful. I spent the evening at Steamers with Jami and her dad. Her friend Shannon sings with a big band called Big Band 2000 and we were there to hear her. What a voice! Sultry and sweet and sexy. The band was a perfect accompaniment, they were so tight. There must have 15, 20 of them and they held me enthralled all night. Of course, I had my favorite as well. A shy "bone" player named Gary. Hi Gary. He plays with another band normally that I think was called Big Noise, so I might have to check them out as well. Thanks for the introduction after the show, Shannon!

We were joined at our table by a lively older gentleman named George. George Carr Superstar. He was clearly a regular and a favorite of the band and he provided us with a great deal of entertainment. I haven't been flirted with so blatantly since I don't know when.

It was an excellent start. Good wine, food, music and friends. Bring on the break.

1 comment: