Sunday, April 19, 2009

And so the heat has arrived...

and we are plunged into summer. ;)

What a lovely weekend. I have all my life been an autumn/winter person, but I find as I grow older that I enjoy spring/summer more and more. I believe it is the sensuality of it. The aliveness. And I am so ready to be alive.

Yesterday, I went to the Renaissance Faire with Katie and Emily, a spring ritual of mine. I hope to go again soon in a couple of weeks. It was quite hot, but wonderful. I am a history geek, so I love it because of that, but I also love to dress up, it's one of the few places where I feel attractive, all cinched up and feminine. Plus I love the playacting aspect. There's a bawdy freedom in it all and people get away with things that they would never get away with anywhere else. It's so much fun. But most of all, it appeals fully to my Romantic sensibilities. I buy jewelry and smelly things and nowhere else in the world does it seem possible to fall in love. And fall in love I do, every time.

That wonderful feeling has carried over into today and I hope it will stay all summer. I intend to fall in love as often and with as many people as I can, for it is the best feeling in the world. Euphoria to think on the object of one's affection, as long as one doesn't bother to examine the reality of the situation. I find myself less and less inclined to pay attention to reality, it crushes the soul. The lonliness that I feel when looking at things in the stark light of day is so overwhelming, I must escape. I have often chided myself for this, finding it to be a fault of mine, but no more. If I can find happiness in castles in the air, so be it. One day, I will find one that is real.

Sigh no more ladies, sigh no more,
Men were deceivers ever,
One foot in sea and one on shore,
To one thing constant never.

Then sigh not so, but let them go,
And be you blithe and bonny,
Converting all your sounds of woe
Into hey nonny, nonny, nonny.

Sing no more ditties, sing no more
Of dumps so dull and heavy,
The fraud of men was ever so,
Since summer first was leafy.

Then sigh not so, but let them go,
And be you blithe and bonny,
Converting all your sounds of woe
Into hey nonny, nonny, nonny.

Then sigh not so, but let them go,
And be you blithe and bonny,
Converting all your sounds of woe
Into hey nonny, nonny, nonny.

1 comment:

Jami said...

I love this blog :)